It seems inevitable that any major release has a few issues, and this is true for Notebooks 5.0, as well… Here is a summary of what has been reported so far; wherever possible we also suggest workarounds. – An update (5.0.1) is on its way.
The issue on iOS 4.2 has already been described… The only workaround is to use Notebooks’ WiFi Sharing or any of its import/sync options.
Issues related to Formatted Documents
- After editing a rich text document in full screen mode (header and footer off), the “Done” button does not disappear with the keyboard; in this state, changes are not saved.
We suggest not to edit rich text documents in full screen mode for now.
- When using the split keyboard on the iPad, changes you make to formatted documents are not saved.
So please, don’t use the split keyboard for creating rich text documents in NB5.0.
- In split view mode on the iPad (column left, text right), we recommend to set the Hide Document when moving to a different Book switch in NB’s settings. This avoids a crash when trying to create a rich text document in a book different from the currently displayed document’s parent.
- When using the light interface, some cells in the move/jump list may appear black; switching to the dark interface resolves that
- Global setting for background color is ignored (only pattern is accepted)
- Passcode protection is too restrictive and hides protected items even after disabling protection in NB’s settings
- Dropbox auto sync:
- plist files are always synced, even of disabled in settings
- NB seems to be stuck if device is connected to a WiFi network, but network has no internet connection
- Setting the default “Inbox” may lead to a crash