An update of Notebooks for iPad and iPhone has just been released for download on the App Store. The new version is compatible with iOS 8 and also supports the new iPhone 6 and 6+.
We are receiving feedback from our users telling us that Notebooks refuses to launch on iOS 8.0.2 (while it runs fine on iOS 8.0). We are trying to fix this as quickly as we can.
For a reason we don’t quite understand, Apple rejected the “iPhone only” version of Notebooks. We are working on it.
As we don’t offer updates for Notebooks 6 anymore (and Notebooks 6 has its issues with iOS 8 as well), we decided to offer Notebooks 7 at a discounted price for a limited time.
- Support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- iOS 8 Compatibility
- New “Edit” actions in search results and smart books: move, delete, create eBook, and more
- “Copy Link” action creates links to any section in formatted documents. To use, just select a phrase in a formatted document and then tap “Copy Link” in the menu that pops up. (This is not available in Markdown documents, but if insert the table of contents, you can copy a link to one of the headings from the TOC instead).
- New “Compile Documents” option, which creates one formatted documents from selected books and documents
- “Create eBook” allows selection of documents and books
- “Merge Notes” has been replaced by “Archive Documents”; format is chosen automatically based on selected documents
- Option to open Markdown documents (.md) as plain text
- Option to select which emphasis character (_ or *) Notebooks should use when typing the shortcut keys B and I
- Option to show Creation or Modification date in document’s preview; depends on selected sort order.
- Books open much faster due to new caching mechanism (can be turned off)
- Updated (and added back) yellow background patterns
- Added “Courier” to list of fonts
- “.taskpaper” is now an editable file type
- Allow search for strings with enclosing spaces like ” note “
- Added support for “notebooks:///” links, which are handled like “notebooks://show”
- Much improved Markdown formatting in plain text
- Sort order of due tasks has been reverted: latest on top, oldest at bottom
- “Align lists in plain text” option is active by default
- Documents are marked “out of sync” when attributes are changed
- Info View: make sure that color label does not “walk up”
- Fixed an issue when searching contents of smart books
- Correctly handle umlauts in internal links
- Sort order settings for Contexts are sticky
- Context tags are not extracted from “source code” files (to avoid ambiguity)
- When extracting tasks from Markdown document, always use plain text as reference
- When marking a task as done, correctly adapt the cell’s background color
- Selecting a voice memo while recording brings up pause/stop dialog
- When inserting current position, correctly escape spaces in URL
- Avoid “No Connection to Dropbox” messages when using auto sync in Airplane mode
- WebDAV sync: fixed a crash when syncing huge hierarchies of books and documents