Notebooks allows you to create as many books as you need to write, store and structure your details of life, and it will quickly become the one and only repository for all journals, ideas, notes, drafts and diaries but also for your projects, task lists, documents, files and everything else you want to keep close at hand.
Use Notebooks to create carefully formatted documents with styles and embedded photos, or to quickly write plain text notes. Convert between these formats any time, and if you want to use Markdown, Notebooks knows how to handle that as well. It is a perfect, distraction free writing environment.
Notebooks stores and displays many document types: plain text and formatted text, PDF, web pages, MS Office documents, photos, videos, music and much more *). Everything you want to keep organized can go directly into Notebooks.
Notebooks also keeps your task lists and allows you to tick off your to-dos as you complete them. Divide your projects into nested sub projects, which makes them easier to handle, and cross-reference into your reference library, which, of course, is in Notebooks, too.
Notebooks for Windows can share its files with Notebooks on the iPad and iPhone, which allows you to conveniently work on your documents from your desktop, but also on your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch when you are on your way. The synchronization between the devices currently supports Dropbox and many WebDAV servers (with Dropbox currently being the most convenient option).
Notebooks stores all your documents as regular files on your computer’s hard drive, so you can always access them through Windows Explorer to open and edit with other applications, too.
So whether you need to write something down or look something up, you need to have Notebooks on your PC.
*) Some document types my require a plug-in to display in Notebooks, but you can always type cmd-O to open documents in their native application.
Get Notebooks for Windows
Download Notebooks for Windows 1.4.1
If you do not yet have a valid license file, this version will expire after 30 days.
To continue using Notebooks after that trial period, please purchase a license file.
New in Notebooks 1.4.1
- Each book can now have its individual sort order for documents (title, created, modified, custom) and no longer needs to use a global setting.
- Task lists have a new option “Sort by Task State”. Sorting tasks by title now ignores the task state and strictly sorts by title.
- New Setting: “Delete without warning”.
- Emacs backup files do not appear in document list.
- Search window no longer appears off screen.
- Adding text to an empty default document creates a new document of the preferred document type (as set in preferences).
- Changed attributes are no longer accidentally reverted (color labels, for example).
- Better handling of Pandoc headers.