Write books, draft ideas, or simply jot down notes.
Manage complex projects, or simple task lists.
Store files and records, organized in nested structures.
Sync between iPad, iPhone, Mac and PC.
“Notebooks 10 is the best word processing app for all your works, from taking down quick notes to writing your books, eBooks and organizing your documents. This app is available for iOS and Mac devices.”
AppReviews.Live, Sept 2020
Create Beautiful Documents or Quickly Write Down Notes
- Create formatted documents using WYSIWYG style editing.
- Type plain text notes if you prefer.
- Use Markdown to create formatted documents, and combine that with MathJax or KaTeX for math typesetting, and can convert the result to LaTeX.
- Add flowcharts using Mermaid.
- If you are into screen writing, you can use the Fountain format.
- Convert between these formats in a few steps.
- Use document styles to give your documents a distinct appearance.
- On iOS, set up extra keyboard keys to quickly access special characters or phrases.
- Grab your Apple Pencil to create handwritten documents, draw or annotate.
- Convert your documents to PDF.
- Create eBooks from your documents (macOS and iOS)
- and much more.
Notebooks saves your documents as regular files in standard formats like text or html, and they are not buried inside a database. This makes sure that you can open and reuse your documents on any device, without proprietary software, and even 50 years from now.
Store and Organize Your Files and Records
As the number of documents grows, structure and organization become increasingly important. In Notebooks you can create a book for each of your projects and subjects; if you want to further subdivide your documents, just go ahead and create a hierarchy of nested books.
- Create an unlimited number of books.
- Nest your books and create infinite hierarchies.
- Turn books into task lists if you want.
- Reorganize books and documents by moving them from one book to another.
- Turn on protection for confidential books or documents (currently on iPhone and iPad only)
This turns Notebooks into a file manager which, in contrast to other apps, allows you to
organize your documents in unlimited hierarchies.
Manage Complex Projects and Simple Todo Lists
A simple written note may spark off an idea, which produces a list of todos and winds up as a major project. As Notebooks conveniently integrates note taking with task management, you can stay focussed on your evolving ideas – rather than switching between apps.
- Turn any book into a task list with the flick of a switch.
- Turn nested books into hierarchies of task lists.
- Any document can be a task, so you can be as elaborate in your description as you like. You can also turn a sketch, a PDF or a voice memo into a task.
- Let Notebooks automatically extract tasks from your documents or convert a document into a task list.
- Assign due dates and alert times and let Notebooks remind you of pending business. You can even have repeating tasks.
- Assign context tags to tasks and documents and get a consolidated view depending on your current working context.
There is no reason to manage your tasks in a separate app. Just keep them in Notebooks, along with your documents, memos, guidelines or handbooks. Learn more…
Store and Display Almost any Document
Do you have a PDF handbook, a chart, an email message, a presentation, or a couple of photos that you want to keep along with your notes, diaries and meeting minutes? – It is easy, just add them to Notebooks.
- Store and display plain text documents, Markdown, PDF, iWork, Office, RTF and HTML documents as well as images, movies, web archives or email messages.
- Import documents through available sync options, iTunes file sharing, or the built in WebDAV server.
- Use Open in… and Share options to import documents or snippets from other iOS apps.
- Search the full text of most of these documents for quick access.
As you add documents, Notebooks increases in value and will soon be your central repository you don’t ever want to miss again.
Sync Between Your iPad, iPhone, Mac and PC
Having your documents with you on an iPhone or an iPad is one thing, but you probably also want to use and work on these documents from your computer. And you always want to be sure to have a backup of your documents in case your device gets lost or stolen. Notebooks offers several options.
- Synchronize through iCloud.
- Synchronize your documents with your Dropbox account.
- Synchronize with your favorite WebDAV server – even one you install on your computer, in case you don’t like cloud services.
- Use the WebDAV server that is built into Notebooks for Mac and sync directly between your iPad, iPhone and Mac.
- Use the WiFi Sharing option in Notebooks for iPad and iPhone to access your documents like an external hard drive.
If you use Notebooks on multiple devices, synchronizing each of them with your selected service ensures that the contents of Notebooks is identical on all devices. This makes sure that you can work on your books, journals, memos and todos wherever you are.
You are free to choose how to sync your documents: use a cloud based service, or sync with a server in your own network. So you are not bound to a specific service which might charge a regular fee, and there is no risk we could ever access and read any of your data.