On the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch there is no way to directly import notes that you have already created in the native Apple Notes app. With a few steps, however, you can quickly and easily transfer them to Notebooks.
Extract Apple Notes App Data from an iTunes Backup
- Back up your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch through iTunes.
- Download any of the (free) backup extractors like
- Launch the extractor and select Read Backups.
- Choose the latest backup.
- Next you are presented a list of apps contained in the backup; Apple Notes are part of a package titled iPhone OS Files. Select this package and click Extract.
- Select a location to store the extracted files.
The extraction process generates a folder iPhone OS Files in your chosen location.
Import Apple Notes into Notebooks
In the folder generated in the previous step, navigate to Library > Notes, where you find a file with titled notes.sqlite (on older devices this file may be titled notes.db).
- Import notes.sqlite into Notebooks with any of the available import or sync options.
- In Notebooks, notes.sqlite appears with a generic icon.
- Tap it the list of books and documents, and Notebooks extracts the notes into a new book called iPhone Notes.