These handbooks are all created in Notebooks, on iPads, iPhones and Macs.
Written in Markdown and using Notebooks’ Handbook Theme, they are examples of what you can do with Notebooks.
Short PDF documents explaining Notebooks’ user interface, buttons and menus. Meant as a support to get started with Notebooks.
Notebooks for Mac
- Notebooks for Mac – Trial version for macOS 10.11 or later
Notebooks for Windows
- Notebooks Installer
- Notebooks as zip file (download this if you want to keep Notebooks on a USB drive, for example.)
Document Styles (Style Sheets)
Download the css files and put them into the
NBResources/CSS folder at Notebooks’ top level. You can use these style sheets as a starting point for creating your own styles.
Styles Preinstalled With Notebooks
- Default Theme 4.2 – Notebooks 11 (iOS), Notebooks 2.4 (macOS)
- Scientific + MathJax – As an example of how to inherit from other styles. In addition to the default MathJax delimiters, this style uses
(...)for inline mathematics. A style with default delimiters only is listed below.
- Default Theme with Orange, Circular Tickboxes
- Default Theme with Roman Numeral Harvard Style – using I. A. 1. a) (1) (a) i) for numbered lists.
- Default Theme with Images Floating Right
- Scientific + MathJax Default Config – Uses the default delimiters
\[...\]for displayed mathematics, and
\(...\)for in-line mathematics.
- Syntax Highlighting – a style with automatic syntax highlighting, based on highlight.js (you can also use Notebooks’ Source Code style, which comes preinstalled)
- Handbook – the style we use for our handbooks.
Legacy Styles (Notebooks 8)
- Default Theme 2.2
- Default Theme v1.1 (paragraphs not indented, extra padding for list items)
- Default Theme v1.0
The Notebooks Bookmarklet is a bookmark which – when clicked – takes the page that you currently view in your browser and adds it to Notebooks. This works on iOS/iPadOS as well as on macOS and Windows.
You find a detailed description with advanced option how to use the bookmarklet in the import section.