Notebooks provides you with convenient ways to
quickly write down notes, carefully create beautiful documents,
manage simple task lists and complex projects, and
store and organize your files and records.
Why use a handful of unrelated apps when you can do it all in Notebooks?
No matter whether you want to quickly put down a note or carefully craft a formatted document with styles and images, in Notebooks you can do both.
Formatted Text, Markdown or Plain Text – The Choice is Yours
Notebooks gives you even more options
- Create formatted documents using WYSIWYG style editing.
- Type plain text notes if you prefer that.
- You can use Markdown to format your plain text. Notebooks converts the Markdown text to HTML for you.
- Convert between these formats with a few taps.
- Use style sheets to give your documents a distinct appearance.
- Convert your documents to PDF.
- Create eBooks from your documents.
Notebooks saves your documents in standard formats like text or html, which ensures that you can open and reuse them on any device, without proprietary software, and even in 50 years from now.
- Import Photos from your camera or album
- Create new documents from the pasteboard
- Record voice memos
- Sketch your ideas with your finger or a stylus (iPad only)
A simple note may spark off an idea, produce a list of todos and wind up as a project. How convenient that Notebooks integrates note taking with task management, because you stay focussed on your project instead of switching between apps.
Get Things Done – Simple Task Lists or Complex Projects
There is no reason to manage your tasks in a separate app. Just keep them in Notebooks – along with your documents, memos, guidelines or handbooks – and you are set.
- Turn any book into a task list with the flick of a switch.
- Turn nested books into hierarchies of task lists.
- Any document can be a task, so you can be as elaborate in your description as necessary. You can also turn a sketch, a PDF or a voice memo into a task.
- Let Notebooks automatically extract tasks from your documents or convert a document into a task list.
- Assign due dates and alarm times and let Notebooks remind you of pending business. You can even have repeating tasks.
- Assign context tags to your tasks and documents to get a consolidated view depending on your current.
The more documents you have, the more essential it is to organize them well and ensure you can quickly find them quickly. – In Notebooks you simply create a book for each of your subjects, and if you need to further subdivide, just go ahead and create nested books.
By the way, this is where Notebooks’ name comes from – it is there to replace all the notebooks you used to have.
- Create as many books as you need for your subjects.
- Create nested books – like nested folders on a computer.
- Turn a book into a todo list if you want.
- Reorganize books and documents by moving them from one book to another.
- Rename books or documents.
- Turn on protection for confidential books or documents.
Store and Display Any Document – well, almost any
Do you have a PDF handbook, a chart, a presentation, or a couple of photos that you want to keep along with your notes, diaries and meeting notes? – It is easy, just put them all into Notebooks!
This makes Notebooks your portable knowledge base, with your documents always at your fingertips.
- Store and display plain text documents, Markdown, PDF, iWork, Office, RTF and HTML documents as well as images, movies or web archives.
- Import documents through Notebooks’ sync options, iTunes file sharing, or the built in WebDAV server.
- Use “Open in…” to import documents from other iOS apps into Notebooks.
- Search the full text of most of these documents for quick access.
Synchronize and Backup: Dropbox, WebDAV, iTunes
Having your documents with you on an iPhone or an iPad is one thing, but you probably also want to use and work on these documents from your computer. And you always want to be sure to have a backup of your documents in case your device gets lost or stolen. Notebooks offers several options.
Work on your books, journals, memos and todos wherever you are.
- Synchronize your documents with your Dropbox account
- Synchronize with your favorite WebDAV server – even one you install on your computer, in case you don’t like cloud services
- If you use Notebooks on multiple devices, synchronizing each of them with your selected service ensures that the contents of Notebooks is identical on all devices.
Multilingual and Voiceover
On iPhone and iPad, Notebooks supports English, Deutsch, Español, Français, and Voiceover is supported throughout the app. Notebooks for Mac and Windows currently is available in English only.
Available on iPad, iPhone, Mac and PC
The iOS versions of Notebooks (there is one Universal version for iPad and iPhone, but also a separate version for the iPhone only) are available from the App Store. Notebooks for Mac and Windows are currently available as public beta and can be downloaded for free from this site.