Notebooks for Mac 2.3.1 fixes several issues, introduces Soft Return to formatted documents, adds auto complete and suggestions when adding internal links in formatted documents, and more.
- Soft Return or shift return is available in formatted documents, too. Inside a list or paragraph, soft return creates a newline but not a new bullet or paragraph.
- When you create or edit internal links in formatted documents (cmd-K), you can now hit the Tab key for suggestions and auto completion.
- Notebooks tries to create more legible links when pasting a URL into a formatted document. (When no text is selected, the URL’s filename will be inserted instead of the whole link.)
- A new setting allows you to hide the completion date in task lists.
- The default Markdown converter supports both definition list styles again (one of them was broken after the latest update) and no longer strips embedded style definitions.
- You can keep Notebooks from formatting the first line of a Markdown document as title by starting the document with an empty line.
- Pasting images or screenshots into formatted documents works as expected again.
- Correctly detect and embed hard coded fonts in CSS styles sheets.
- Compile Documents more carefully collects images that shall be embedded in the final result.
- Create PDF for a book more reliably embeds images.
- Correct an issue when displaying email messages.
- Make sure that clicking the Home button selects Notebooks’ top level in the outline (Mac App Store version).
- Interface refinements.
Should you run into any issues, please let us know.