- The new font selector provides access to your own custom fonts, as well as to System Font and System Monospace Font.
- A new option turns headings into clickable links in rendered Markdown, which allows you to easily copy the link to any heading.
- Forward delete blank space quickly removes spaces, tabs and newlines up to the next character or to the end of the text.
- Improvements for automatically inserted closing characters, so they no longer interfere with nested LaTeX commands.
- Refined Document Themes and much more.
For all the details, please read on.
- A new font selector provides access to custom fonts which have been installed through other third party applications.
- System Font and System Monospaced Font are available from the font picker’s ••• menu.
- Quickly change the font size from an item’s info (you no longer need to open the font selector).
- Create PDF, available from the book’s ••• menu, turns the contents of the book into a PDF document.
- Favorites preserve custom sort order (although the sort order is not synced between devices).
- Sorting documents by title now includes their path extension, so the sort order is consistent.
- With hide done tasks active, done task open as expected when opened from recent items or from a link (in previous versions they did not show), and done tasks don’t accidentally reappear when their contents is modified.
- Correctly sort no-tasks in task lists during sync.
- An option to manually Extract Tasks at selected task marker is available from the ••• menu when automatic extraction is disabled.
- Text transformations like upper- and lowercase more precisely select the current word.
- Automatically inserted closing characters no longer interfere with nested LaTeX commands like
- With automatically insert closing characters enabled, typing return before
]jumps over the closing character instead of moving it to the next line. Use
shift-returnto move the character to the next line.
- Option to reset text color in formatted documents.
- Forward delete has a new option Blank Space to remove all spaces, tabs and newlines up to the next regular character or to the end of the text.
- Plain text automatically switches to fullscreen for editing again when activated in settings (iOS 16.4 and above).
- The option Make Headings Clickable Links turns headings into links pointing to themselves. This provides a convenient shortcut for copying links to sections. (Option in Settings > Write&Edit > Markdown).
- Correctly display multiple tables of contents in Markdown documents (you can use TOC more than once in a document, with different options like
- In certain cases, tapping the
##extra button could have replaced the whole text in the document. This has been fixed.
- Updated document themes to avoid orphaned headings in print.
- Footnotes, Mentions etc. display a heading again when listed at bottom of the document (iOS 16.4).
- Recognize Text delivers better results for documents scanned in low quality.
- Open and display
- Avoid potential crash when inserting movies into a documents.
- Address a potential crash during full text search.
- Try to ensure smooth iCloud sync when updating a large number of documents, especially after iOS updates.
- Interface enhancements.
- Drop support for iOS 12.
Notebooks 12.2 for iPhone and iPad