Another update of Notebooks for Mac and Notebooks for PC available for download. The apps are still in beta and available for free.
New in Beta 9
- FIX: deleting multiple selected books no longer accidentally permanently deletes them
- Lists in plain text: type return on empty line to outdent instead of terminate list
- Lists in formatted documents: use TAB key to indent, type return on empty line to outdent
- Keyboard shortcut: cmd-del to delete currently selected (most selected) item(s)
- Markdown: support for MultiMarkdown definition lists
- Markdown: new setting in preferences to disable Notebooks convenience method of converting each newline to a line break. When this option is off you need to add two spaces at the end of a line to enforce a line break: This is less convenient, but it is Markdown standard.
- Search and replace in current document
- Formatted Documents: HTML source is now editable
- Drag & drop images into formatted documents
- Drag & drop images into plain text (inserts the corresponding Markdown code)
- Updated style sheets to better support printing
- Performance improvements
- Search for documents
- Multiple search terms are now AND combined
- To search for a phrase, put it in quotes (e.g. “Notebooks for Mac”)
- When entering search term, hits in current document are immediately highlighted.
- Type return after entering search term to search current book or all books
- Toggle the search scope between current book /whole hierarchy
- Click on loupe icon in the search field to toggle between search and replace in document
As always, we appreciate your feedback, comments and ideas, which you can post right here or send us by mail.
[button style=”download” link=”/Download/Notebooks%20for%20Mac%201.0b9.dmg”]Get NB/Mac 1.0 b9[/button]
[button style=”download” link=”/Download/Notebooks%20for%20PC%201.0b9.zip”]Get NB/PC 1.0 b9[/button]