This minor update corrects a few issues, most importantly regarding iOS 9 Multitasking and iOS 7 compatibility. Here is the full ist of changes:
- Improves support for iOS 9 Multitasking/Split View (on some devices a few glitches may still be present, but they are non destructive, and we are working on them). 1)
- Fixes multiple minor issues on iOS 9.
- Restores compatibility with iOS 7.
- Addresses an issue when restoring inApp purchases.
- Corrects a problem when sending tasks to Todoist.
- Addresses an issue in situations when locking Notebooks hides the current book (iPad).
- When creating eBooks, missing header levels are automatically replaced to guarantee valid ePub format.
- Addresses a situation where annotations in PDF documents were not correctly saved.
- Keyboard no longer overlaps the menu of timestamps (iPhone).
1) If you are wondering why adding full support for split view requires more than a single update, here are a few details: the addition of multitasking and split view means a profound architectural change, and fitting that into an app which has been actively developed for more than seven years – and which had to adapt to seven major iOS updates – is not a simple task. It touches virtually each and every aspect of Notebooks, and we even realized that different iPad devices react differently; what works on one device does not necessarily work on another.
We are doing our best to get it all sorted out, but I think the most important message is: even if split view may still be a bit rough, Notebooks per se is still a fine app.
4 thoughts on “Notebooks 8.2.1 for iPad and iPhone”
I can’t instal it on my iPad retina (4) running iOS 9.2.
Installing starts, but never ends, so I have to stop the installation myself.
we do not have any influence on the update. It is entirely handled by iOS and the App Store. So when an update gets stuck, this really isn’t an app’s “fault”. – I remember that a few months ago there was a similar situation, and Apple admitted that they had issues on their side. I hope it is something similar this time, and I do hope it quickly gets resolved.
IOS7 Compatibility does not seem to be restored with this update. NOW the app is crashing since updating it. I use the app A LOT so this is very inconvenient!!!
are you having this problem with Notebooks 8.2.1? Before posting this update to Apple we confirmed with our beta testers that is runs on iOS 7, so I am puzzled…
By the way: does it make a difference whether you hold the iPad in landscape or in portrait orientation?
Comments are closed.