Are you planning to participate in the next NaNoWriMo? Then you are probably prepared to spend most of November writing to make sure you hit the target of 50,000 words. To reach the goal, the right writing tool may be as important as your inspiration.
Notebooks can not do too much about your inspiration, but it can serve as your perfect writing tool: install it on your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, iPad mini, Mac or PC *), keep Notebooks synced on all devices via Dropbox or your favorite WebDAV server, and you are set. Launch Notebooks on the iPhone and write while on a commute; launch it on your iPad and continue typing while waiting for an appointment or comfortably sitting in your living room; in your studio, launch Notebooks on your Mac or PC and revise the changes you made throughout the day.
Notebooks tries to support you as much as possible, without getting in your way. Here is just a random selection of benefits:
- Select the font and colors that best stimulate your creativity.
- The live word count always informs you how close you are to your target.
- Synchronization happens automatically: just end writing on one device, pick up another device, and see how the changes arrive a few moments later.
- In combination with Dropbox you get a seamless version history of your project, and you always have an online backup.
- If necessary, you can access your project even without Notebooks, so you are never locked into a “closed system”.
So when you use Notebooks for your NaNoWriMo project, the tool won’t be the problem 😉
*) Notebooks for Mac and PC is still in beta status and can be downloaded for free from this site.