This update of Notebooks 3.1.2 for Mac contains a few additions, but it is mainly about improvements and fixes.
- New action Copy Markdown Link to copy an item’s link in Markdown format as
- New URL scheme addNote.
- Added Sarabun font for improved Thai legibility.
- Speed up global search, especially for short search terms or while editing the search term.
- Opening a document by clicking a link or using a URL scheme brings that document’s window to the foreground if it is already open. Otherwise the document opens in the current window instead of the main window.
- Holding shift-command while clicking a link opens the document in its native app.
- Reliably show/hide smart books when parameters change. Especially, hide the smart book Due Tasks when no tasks are due.
- Markdown highlighting ignores sections in fenced code blocks.
- Embedded items no longer use a timestamp as prefix.
- Reorganized context menu in formatted documents (right-click).
- The table of contents in Notebooks‘ breadcrumb navigation skips headings which are contained in a fenced code block.
- Resizing text with command-plus should work as expected.
- The Move to Trash action in the document list’s context menu works as expected, even if a text document currently has keyboard focus.
- Line numbers correctly lay out when opening a text document (they could have been squeezed together at the top).
- When dropping images into plain text, Notebooks assigns a path extension to the embedded image.
- Extract Tasks reliably detects tasks when used from a formatted document’s ••• menu.
As always, if you have any questions or feedback, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.