Notebooks 7.0.1, minor update for Notebooks 7 has been released for download on the App Store. It addresses several known issues and delivers a few improvements.
- Successfully import Quickstart Guide from “Getting Started” document.
- Recording voice memos on 64-bit devices works as expected.
- Editing formatted documents in fullscreen always keeps cursor visible.
- Unzip keeps original modification dates for folders and documents.
- Unzip successfully extracts archives created with Winzip.
- Create eBook embeds images more reliably.
- Create eBook correctly handles links to Notebooks documents.
- Notebooks no longer gets “stuck” in portrait orientation.
- Insert current location uses decreased accuracy if needed to avoid “unable to get location” error message.
- The contents of saved bookmarks (pages that are downloaded on demand) is searchable.
- On iPhone, formatted documents now have a strikethrough button.
- Dropbox auto sync: “sync top level” is active by default.
- Dropbox quick sync triggers sync when Dropbox is reachable, not only on WiFi.
- Avoid accidental sync conflicts for combined Markdown documents.
Remaining Known Issues
- Right-to-left text is still not perfectly supported (still struggling with a fundamental iOS change here).
- Formatted documents don’t show the cut/copy/paste menu on the first couple of lines (when they are too close to the top). This is an iOS 7 issue, but there are two possible workarounds for now:
- add a few empty lines at the beginning of document
- select “use fullscreen for editing”
- No highlighting of misspelled words in formatted documents (another iOS change…)
Notebooks for iPad and iPhone
Notebooks for iPhone only
Notebooks 7.0.1 (iOS)