Notebooks 10 for iPad and iPhone, a major upgrade from its predecessor Notebooks 8, will be available on the App Store very soon. It is a new app that comes with numerous improvements and additions. As a new app, Notebooks 10 is a paid upgrade – the first one in six years.
While we are adding final touches to Notebooks 10, you can already pre-order now and take advantage of a special discount. The planned release date of Notebooks 10 is around mid January 2020.
Highlights in Notebooks 10
- Apple Pencil Support (for drawing, annotating images and PDF documents; requires iOS 13).
- Files.app integration (Notebooks’ documents are accessible from Files and other apps, and Notebooks can edit documents stored in other apps).
- Watch App (due tasks, add notes).
- Image Viewer (swipe through all images in a book).
- Tables and checklists in formatted documents.
- New document styles.
- Highlight current line and center on screen when editing plain text.
- MultiMarkdown as alternative Markdown converter.
- Support for – [ ] checkboxes and [[Wiki]] style links in Markdown.
- Smart book Recently Modified.
- Improved and refined user interface.
This is really just a rough summary of the most important additions. There are countless other additions, changes and improvements as well.
Migration from Notebooks 8
If you have been using Notebooks 8, you may want to migrate your existing documents to Notebooks 10 right away or at some later stage. We have implemented methods in Notebooks 8 and Notebooks 10 to make that a quick and painless process without any need to duplicate documents. More on that will follow in a separate post.
And now, don’t forget to…